As we wait for the NFL draft to approach, I thought we could take a look at some of the most recognizable quarterback numbers in the NFL today. It's very likely we'll have at least two new starting QBs out of the college ranks this year (Mr. Luck and Mr. Griffin III), and it might not be long until we add their uniform numbers to this list. Without further adieu:
- Aaron Rodgers - 12 - He's the best quarterback in the league right now. And with his "belt-move" after he scores a rushing touchdown, which has been 16 times over the past four years since he became Green Bay's starter, you're getting a good look at those two digits right on the front of his chest.
- Eli Manning - 10 - Super Bowl Champion and MVP anyone? Twice? One more than his brother, the best NFL quarterback ever. Eli may not be the best quarterback in the NFL, but it's hard to argue he's not one to be considered, with his two Super Bowl MVP trophies weighing him down and all.
- Michael Vick - 7 - Controversy in tow, you'd be hard pressed to find a quarterback more identifiable with the number 7 in the NFL right now. After his resurgent season, two back, Vick is again one of the best in the NFL.
- Drew Brees - 9 - The man who resurrected the New Orleans Saints, and the best "undersized" quarterback of all-time. Drew Brees IS the New Orleans Saints right now. He once played for the Chargers? Really? Forgot about that.................you get my point.
- Tim Tebow - 15 - That's right. Tim Tebow. Think he's not one of the most popular NFL players right now? Think he's not one of the most popular athletes in the world? Did you see his press conference announcing him as a New York Jet? And did you know that Tebow's jersey sold better than Eli Manning, Tony Romo, Tom Brady, Drew Brees or Michael Vick in 2011?