Considered by some to be the best NBA player ever, and by many to be the best NBA center ever, Wilt Chamberlain is certainly the best to ever wear the number 13.
Chamberlain would begin his pro career with the Philadelphia Warriors, and would immediately dominate the league. He scored 2,707 points and had 1,941 total rebounds as a rookie. Both numbers would lead the NBA in their categories.
The Philadelphia Warriors would move to San Francisco, but Wilt would still dominate on the left coast. During the 1962-63 NBA season, Chamberlain would amass 3,586 points on 1,463 field goals and 660 free throws. This pattern of scoring would continue throughout the "Stilt's" career, also spent with the 76ers and the Lakers. Here are his gaudy career numbers:
- 31,419 career NBA points (4th all-time)
- 7-time NBA season leader in points
- 23,924 career rebounds (1st all-time)
- 22.9 career rebounds per game (1st all-time)
- 30.1 points-per-game (2nd all-time)
- 2-time NBA champion