Although Dantley also wore 45, 44 and 7 during his career, the majority of his time on the pro hardwood was spent with Lou Gehrig's signature number on his back.
Taken with the 6th overall pick in the 1976 NBA draft by the Buffalo Braves, Dantley would be named the NBA Rookie of the Year in 1977. Dantley would also play with Pacers, Lakers, Jazz, Pistons, Mavs and Bucks. He would have some of his strongest on-court performances with the Utah Jazz, leading them to retire his jersey number 4.
- 23,177 career points (26th all-time)
- 2-time league leader in single season points (1980-81 and 1983-84)
- 5-time league leader in free throws
- 6,832 career free throws (7th all-time)
- .818 career free throw percentage