Phil "Scooter" Rizzuto, who had his jersey number 10 retired by the Yankees in 1985, is also the best MLB athlete to ever wear that number. Rizzuto was excellent in the field at shortstop, leading the league in double plays three times, and not too shabby at the plate either. He was also an entertaining broadcaster for the New York Yankees, becoming known for his catchphrase "Holy Cow!".
- 7 time World Series Champ (played in 9 total World Series)
- American League MVP in 1950
- 1994 Baseball Hall of Fame inductee
- 5 time All Star
- 4 time league leader in sacrifice hits
- 1,588 career hits
- .968 career fielding percentage