His father and brother are both professional quarterbacks, however he is the best NFL athlete to ever wear the uniform number 18. He is Peyton Manning.
Peyton Manning became a household name when he was playing quarterback for Tennessee, with Todd Helton backing him up, and a debate ongoing as to whether he or Washington State quarterback Ryan Leaf would be taken with the first overall pick in the 1998 NFL draft. Ultimately, Manning was selected first overall, and has gone on to a stellar, some would say already a Hall of Fame caliber, career as an NFL quarterback.
Some of Peyton Manning's accomplishments to date:
- Twice the AP NFL MVP (2003 and 2004)
- Eight time Pro Bowl selection
- Super Bowl Champion (XLI)
- Super Bowl MVP (XLI)
- 303 Career TDs (through 14 games in the 2007 season)
- 41,220 Career Passing Yards (through 14 games in the 2007 season)
- Pro Bowl MVP (2005)
- Best NFL Player - ESPY (2004)
- 2005 Walter Payton Man of the Year
Did you know......he has started at quarterback in every Colts game since his rookie season? (Through 14 games in the 2007 season.)