The New England Patriot who played from 1973 to 1985, John Hannah, is the best professional athlete to wear the jersey number 73. Like Dan Dierdorf, John Hannah must have been destined for the Hall of Fame as he was born in Canton as well. Canton, Georgia, actually.
John, who anchored the offensive line for the Pats at the guard position was drafted in the first round of the NFL draft in 1973 and quickly became a mainstay on the line. John went on to a Hall of Fame career playing out his entire tenure with the Patriots.
- 10-time All-Pro (1976-1985)
- 9-time Pro Bowl selection
- Pro Football Hall of Fame class of 1991
- Four-time NFLPA Offensive Lineman of the Year
- NFL 75th Anniversary All-Time Team Member NFL 1980s All-Decade Team
Did you know......John's father, Herbert Hannah, played in the NFL for the New York Giants, and John's brother, Charley Hannah, played for Tampa Bay and the Raiders?
(photo courtesy of patriots.fanzone.jp)