Elvin Bethea, the 6'2" Defensive End who played for the Houston Oilers, might not be a household name, but if you're a football fanatic you better recognize him as one of the best ever to play the game of football because the Pro Football Hall of Fame does. He's also the best professional athlete to ever wear the jersey number 65. Some of his creds:
- 210 regular season games played
- 16 seasons with the Oilers
- 105 unofficial career sacks (record not officially kept until 1982)
- 16 unofficial sacks in 1973
- Selected to eight Pro Bowls
- All-AFC four times
- 135 consecutive regular season games played
Elvin was a three-time All-American in college at NCA&T State University.
Did you know......Elvin was inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame in 2003?
(photo courtesy of houstonprofootball.com)